02 March 2011

"If I had 6 months to live would you marry me?"

At work I got asked the above question by one of the lads on my team.
My response to him, harsh I know, was:

"Well, I don't have 6 months to live which means I get a wider choice to select from, so why exactly if I'm not the one dying am I going to settle for you?"

His response:

"because you'd technically be making my last 6 months a happy 6."

Personally I would class this as a chat up line, a pretty bad one, as:

1. The fact he wants to marry me before we've even dated, a bit extreme.
2. Again, where are my benefits from this scenario.
3. Would it really be happy, cleaning up after a dead man walking?

Fair enough if I did love the guy and then obviously everything would be beneficial for me, but I'd known him not even a month and here he was guilt tripping me into marrying a dead guy.
Talk about playing on my heart strings!

He did however leave me a great get out clause! I was left to do deadline on my own as he was a no show,  (and no, this wasn't because he was "dying") in response I left him a nice constructed post-it note stuck to his computer screen. "Thanks for leaving me in the lurch, I am now heartbroken from it and any signs of us getting together are now sadly gone!"  - Brilliant for me!

He now doesn't work where I do but every now and again will drop me a text or a Facebook message pushing his luck and referring to himself as my husband.
I thought he would of been dead by now being 6 months down the line, obviously the "illness" he had didn't take effect and he is now beaming with health waiting to be my fully fledged husband.

Well I defiantly think he can keep on dreaming!

I would just like to clarify that this is a hypothetical situation and this guy isn't going to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment