13 June 2010

A dangerous drive. New way to find a date?

I got my new car about a month ago now and not even 24 hours of having it I nearly sent a guy flying off his bike, (by bike I mean push bike).


I would however, like to blame the car that was slowly creeping out of the inside lane on the roundabout which resulted in my view being blocked. As you do though, I began to follow the other car out, followed the car a bit too much, as out of no where a guy comes flying round the roundabout swerves to just miss the rear end of my car to come in quite close contact with the pavement!


In such a fluster I abandoned my car and went running to his side only to get graced with "Fuck off" which I guess was half deserved! Later once he'd calmed down and I was in a stupid amount of shock we got talking (well, he did to try and calm me down) and I found out that he'd moved to Peterborough and doesn't particularly like it, where he worked, what his name was and a little show off detail, "I'm a pro biker so that's why I'm fine."
Whilst chatting I must of slipped in a few facts about myself due to my shock, as I recall saying it was my last day at my job and they were all probably thinking I just couldn't be bothered to turn up for my last day!


Well panic over, so I thought, he put me in my car and asked me for a pen, at this point I asked if he would like my insurance details to which he replied "no" (he was quite a gentleman to be fair) instead he gave me his email address for work and told me to send him an email when I got to work otherwise he would worry because of the amount of shock I had seemed to of developed.


This left me laughing in a reply of, "I nearly hit you but your the one checking up on me" and then off he went on his bike and off to work I went.


I did think it was a bit odd having his email address and a bit worried he may later want my insurance details. There would be me the ex student skint as anything working a temp job to get out that stupid overdraft forking further into it for a "near miss". Me being me however, (not rude, has a guilty conscious) I put my keyboard to work and sent him an email in which I thanked him for his concern and apologised for my stupidity as well as notifying him I'd made it to work. This all consisted of around four lines.


About half an hour later I received an email back from bike man consisting of three paragraphs! He told me of his injury but said he was made of steel. He then went on to make me feel better (well this is what his aim was) by telling me of accidents he had been part of where he actually was hit. To conclude his email he again told me he was built for endurance and then said how; "once he had calmed down, to have a near miss with what turned out to be a beautiful woman was actually a good thing in his day."
Did I email him back? I'm afraid I didn't.


1. I'm not too sure on whether the email would of led to a date of some sort in which case how do you act around a guy you could of potentially killed?
2. If we were to date and it ended badly would he then want my insurance details?
3. I just don't think he was my type. (In fact I know, I couldn't remember what he looked like so with the name off the email I tracked him down via Facebook, as you do, and checked him out!)


Sorry Mr Bike man if you read this. You were a gentleman, just not mine.

3 comments:

  1. I once asked a girl out after crashing into her car. I sent her a text a few hours later (we exchanged numbers for insurance purposes). She never replied. You must be better looking and/or more charming than me.
    *Plentymorefishoutofwater - One Man's Dating Diary*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. Who almost kills somebody and then gets flirtatious emails? Reasons 1 and 2 for not emailing back are not decent enough excuses but reason 3 makes up for those! :p

    Must say though if he has been part of other accidents surely it means that him and his bike should stay off the roads! He may think he's made for endurance but one of these days it's all going to go wrong...


    Thank God you weren't the one to kill him!

    Laura x
    http://firstclassramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say good call on not emailing him back, but who knows- maybe he's a pretty good guy. If he was an 8 or hotter I say email him back, otherwise forget it. Like you said- the insurance thing could later come back as a liability.

    Though, think about it, how cool would it be to tell your kids one day that you almost killed their dad and his first words to you were "Fuck off!"

    Great success!

    ReplyDelete